Hey HL2 Gamers!

What's new and improved

Moderators: [MgA]ODEN, Admin

[MgA]ODEN
Site Admin

Hey HL2 Gamers!

Post by [MgA]ODEN »

Posted by: azzkiker on 11-17-2004 @ 05:13
Recently, one of the HL2Files.com members here, alerted me of a pirated warez version of Half-Life 2, apparently released via the Bittorent network. I immediately, forwarded this to Gabe Newell of VALVe Software. [The great man, we should all be thanking for Half-Life 2 ].

A couple of hours later, Gabe replied with the following:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're running a bit of an experiment. We're keeping track of the accounts that do this and will be shutting them off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you can see, VALVe Software have released a test "warez" version aimed at catching people out. These people will have their accounts deleted and will be banned from Steam.

Therefore, I strongly suggest that you DO NOT participate in these illegal activities as it would only lead to your own harm.

VALVe Software spent over $40 Million to develop Half-Life 2. Show them you appreciate their work. Buy the game!

As the saying goes: BURN YOU WAREZ MONKEYS!

Spread the word!

Happy Gaming,
~azzkiker
azzkiker@hl2files.com
HL2Files.com Site Admin
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

:lol:

BUY YOUR GAMES!
....missing Q3X LAN Parties...
[MgA]ODEN
Site Admin

Post by [MgA]ODEN »

According to posts over at the Steam and Half-Life2.Net message boards, rumors of a Half-Life 2 "Honeypot" trap for pirates were apparently true - to a degree. Valve did track usage of a particular CD activation key - and some 20,000 gamers who tried to use the key have now been banned from the Steam content service permanently. There are reports of pirated versions that do not run through steam, so the move is limited in its effectiveness to stop piracy of the title.