ATi Catalyst 5.6

All Hardware & Software Related Post

Moderators: [MgA]ODEN, Admin

[MgA]ODEN
Site Admin

ATi Catalyst 5.6

Post by [MgA]ODEN »

ATi has released new Catalyst 5.6 drivers today for all you Radeon video card owners. The total driver package weighs in at 24.9MB so grab them if you need them.

Catalyst 5.6 introduces full hardware acceleration of Microsoft Windows Media Video (WMV) files when using DirectX 9 shaders. Enable this feature. Installing a new driver is only recommended if you are having issues with your ATI product, including those mentioned in the "Fixed in this driver". For more details, please review the release notes.

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/def ... olderID=27
*PyRO*AgENT 86
*PyRO* Clan Captain

Post by *PyRO*AgENT 86 »

Thanks ODEN.

Still whooping ass with my Radeon 9000 pro!
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

*PyRO*AgENT 86 wrote:Still whooping ass with my Radeon 9000 pro!
:shock: Yes I too like the 9000 Pro too. Best bang for the buck IMHO.

How is it for the new games AgENT? Games like Doom3, HalfLife2, FarCry, UT2004, etc...

Oh BTW, everyone should try Pariah. At least try the demo from here 8)
*PyRO*AgENT 86
*PyRO* Clan Captain

Post by *PyRO*AgENT 86 »

So far I have only tried Doom3. I had to turn everything down but ran just fine.

I am thinking on getting a new game soon.

Just got a used computer from my brother-in-law.
It's got 1 gig of ram and has raid, whatever that is.

He also gave me a radeon 9700 taht I got to see if it works.
WooT!

Anyway dl demo NOW!
[MgA]MajorOne
I think we are starting to like you.
I think we are starting to like you.

Post by [MgA]MajorOne »

In computing, a redundant array of independent disks (more commonly known as a RAID) is a system of using multiple hard drives for sharing or replicating data among the drives. The benefit of RAID is increased data integrity, fault-tolerance and/or performance, over using drives singularly. In its original implementations (in which it was an abbreviation for "Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks"), its key advantage was the ability to combine multiple low-cost devices using older technology into an array that together offered greater capacity, reliability, and/or speed than was affordably available in singular devices using the newest technology.

At the simplest level, RAID is one of many ways to combine multiple hard drives into one single logical unit. Thus, instead of seeing several different hard drives, the operating system sees only one.
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

[MgA]MajorOne wrote:In computing, a redundant array of independent disks (more commonly known as a RAID) is a system of using multiple hard drives for sharing or replicating data among the drives. The benefit of RAID is increased data integrity, fault-tolerance and/or performance, over using drives singularly. In its original implementations (in which it was an abbreviation for "Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks"), its key advantage was the ability to combine multiple low-cost devices using older technology into an array that together offered greater capacity, reliability, and/or speed than was affordably available in singular devices using the newest technology.

At the simplest level, RAID is one of many ways to combine multiple hard drives into one single logical unit. Thus, instead of seeing several different hard drives, the operating system sees only one.
What he said.

I wonder if MJ1 swallowed a Computing Dictonary...bwahahaha :lol:
*PyRO*AgENT 86
*PyRO* Clan Captain

Post by *PyRO*AgENT 86 »

Thanks MJ1!