ATi Catalyst 5.13

All Hardware & Software Related Post

Moderators: [MgA]ODEN, Admin

[MgA]ODEN
Site Admin

ATi Catalyst 5.13

Post by [MgA]ODEN »

The folks at ATi decided to drop another driver release on us with the new ATi Catalyst 5.13 drivers. The package weighs in at just under 35MB, grab them if you need them. Along with a host of fixes and performance improvements the Catalyst 5.13 drivers introduces H.264 hardware acceleration for the ATI Radeon X1800, X1600 and X1300 video cards.

H.264 is advanced video coding that provides significant reduction in bit-rate compared to standards such as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4. The ATI Radeon? X1800, X1600, and X1300 products provide hardware acceleration for the playback of high-definition content that is encoded using H.264. Using the Catalyst? software suite 5.13, along with the Cyberlink H.264 decoder available from http://www.ati.com/technology/h264.html provides H.264 hardware acceleration.

http://www.ati.com/
Dark Soldier
SPAMMER!
SPAMMER!

Post by Dark Soldier »

I installed this "5.13 catalyst" for my Radeon 128 mb Pro card and my BF2 locks up from time to time now. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, I now notice the executable file "CLI.EXE" twice in my task manager. Does anyone else see this? thanks.. DS
[MgA]MajorOne
I think we are starting to like you.

Post by [MgA]MajorOne »

Go back to your default drivers or an earlier version as these drivers are a maintence release for the higher end cards and may effect 9800 cards and below.
[MgA]ODEN
Site Admin

Post by [MgA]ODEN »

Try the Catalyst 5.12s
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

GOD DAMM CATALYST 5.13!!!!!!!!! :smt093

What's the problem you might ask? It's that STOPID Catalyst Control Centre written in .CRAP (err I mean .NET) code. CCC locks up on me and my system is un-freezable. I usually get 6 or more CLI.exe's running on my system, depending on how many times I've tried to get it to launch. I also don't get the ATI logo in my system tray, even though I've told CCC to display it on startup.

STUPID DECISION ATI, TO DISCONTINUE THE NON-.CRAP CCC BEYOND VERSION 5.12. :smt091

What a joke!!!.....maybe the CCC programmer works for nVidia, cause that's what I feel like using now. I'm not alone in the condemnation of Catalyst 5.13. A Big Stinky Pile of DUNG! :smt011
EagleScout
Spammer
Spammer

Post by EagleScout »

Finally realizing nVidia is where its at!?!

IMHO ATI blows, always has and always will. Especially their sorry ARSE drivers!
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

EagleScout wrote:Finally realizing nVidia is where its at!?!

IMHO ATI blows, always has and always will. Especially their sorry ARSE drivers!
nVidia has their fair share of Video Driver problems too. (I have two other computers with nVidia cards and they've had some issues with drivers - one's even my son's gamer).
[MgA]MajorOne

Post by [MgA]MajorOne »

Drivers are Drivers! ......... IMHO i believe what ever comes with the defaults is what you should use, I have used both NVIDIA and ATI and as far as I'm concerned they both BLow chunks of stuff I usually flush!

It's not complicated either way to just uninstall from the system hardware and re-install the base setup drivers and load the defaults from the original disc.

I seem to be just fine with mine which came with the package I believe it's the 5.8 release and will not download any other!

But thats just me!

And yes ROC it includes all the silly war games working fine as well! :)
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

[MgA]MajorOne wrote:Drivers are Drivers! ......... IMHO i believe what ever comes with the defaults is what you should use, I have used both NVIDIA and ATI and as far as I'm concerned they both BLow chunks of stuff I usually flush!

It's not complicated either way to just uninstall from the system hardware and re-install the base setup drivers and load the defaults from the original disc.

I seem to be just fine with mine which came with the package I believe it's the 5.8 release and will not download any other!

But thats just me!

And yes ROC it includes all the silly war games working fine as well! :)
I've tried the base drivers and they either have issue with a few of hundred or so games I have or they don't have the "bells and whistles" that I actually use (DVD player, codecs, among other B&W's).

The ONLY reason I tried Catalyst 5.13 was for the speed boost for my next ATI card (X1800)...now I realize it's just a pipe dream :lol:

I've found the same with printer drivers....not enough features like duplex, ink levels, or multi-up printing.

Oh well...can anyone say bleeding edge ;)
[MgA]MajorOne

Post by [MgA]MajorOne »

Man you have way tooooooooooo many games bruv!!!

maybe thats your problem how about uninstalling those games that suck and just leave Cod, bf2 and Q3 on your system see if that does anything!

Ya never know! lmao