MS Intellimouse Explorer Wireless Problem on PS/2 connector

All Hardware & Software Related Post

Moderators: [MgA]ODEN, Admin

[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

MS Intellimouse Explorer Wireless Problem on PS/2 connector

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

Here's another weird problem:

I disconnected my MS Intellimouse Explorer wireless mouse from the USB port and attached it to the USB to PS/2 adapter and plugged it into my system (after the power was off of course) and when I restarted Win98se, it complained that there was no mouse on the PS/2 port. So I rechecked my BIOS to ensure the PS/2 wasn't disabled (no setting for it disabling it in my BIOS anyways). So while the sytem was off, I plugged in a corded optical Logitech mouse and restarted Windows. The corded mouse was fine so I turned off the system again after removing the MS Intellimouse software and reconnected the wireless MS mouse. After I restarted (and the same damm error message came up) I re-installed the MS Intellimouse software but this didn't fix it. Resynching the wireless connection channel didn't help either, so I resorted back to running the wireless mouse connected as a USB device. :?

The reason I went through all this, was to fix the mouse jerkiness I get with Win98SE and USB mouse connections on this, my office, PC.

Anyone else have this problem, or know how to solve it? MS Knowledge base and Support site is useless for suggestions.
....missing Q3X LAN Parties...
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

I forgot to add two things:
  • I tried multiple USB-PS2 adapters
  • This mouse was orginally installed on the PS/2 port
*PyRO*Forsaken
Spammer
Spammer

Re: MS Intellimouse Explorer Wireless Problem on PS/2 connec

Post by *PyRO*Forsaken »

[MgA]RockCrusher wrote:Here's another weird problem:

I disconnected my MS Intellimouse Explorer wireless mouse from the USB port and attached it to the USB to PS/2 adapter and plugged it into my system (after the power was off of course) and when I restarted Win98se, it complained that there was no mouse on the PS/2 port. So I rechecked my BIOS to ensure the PS/2 wasn't disabled (no setting for it disabling it in my BIOS anyways). So while the sytem was off, I plugged in a corded optical Logitech mouse and restarted Windows. The corded mouse was fine so I turned off the system again after removing the MS Intellimouse software and reconnected the wireless MS mouse. After I restarted (and the same damm error message came up) I re-installed the MS Intellimouse software but this didn't fix it. Resynching the wireless connection channel didn't help either, so I resorted back to running the wireless mouse connected as a USB device. :?

The reason I went through all this, was to fix the mouse jerkiness I get with Win98SE and USB mouse connections on this, my office, PC.

Anyone else have this problem, or know how to solve it? MS Knowledge base and Support site is useless for suggestions.

Bluetooh wireless ?

Moderators note: Mr. Foresaken - your quoted reply should have YOUR comments AFTER the "[/quote]" tag. I fixed it for you, but feel free to edit it to fix it better 8)
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Re: MS Intellimouse Explorer Wireless Problem on PS/2 connec

*PyRO*Forsaken wrote:Bluetooh wireless ?
No it's not. It's just a plain old MS Intellimouse Explorer Silver. About 1.5 years old to be exact.
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

I was using the EXACT same adapter as before, when it was hooked to the PS/2 port. The only thing that changed was a BIOS update (yes I DO stay current on firmware ;))to support a faster CPU so I could go from a P2-450 to a P3-600 coppermine. To me it's not worth upgrading the O/S on this old business system since it will be replaced by a NEW WinXP (and at least twice as fast) system shortly. My time would be better spent porting all my data and applications over.

This is soooo weird and I thought I'd seen every kind of problem with PCs, but obviously not....:(

All I wanted was a mouse that wouldn't hang whenever my HD was working....darn...SOOOO SIMPLE...but NOOOOOOO Image