CD emulator

All Hardware & Software Related Post

Moderators: [MgA]ODEN, Admin

[MgA]TiMeX
[MgA]Clan Captain

CD emulator

Post by [MgA]TiMeX »

Who's using what for a virtual CD drive?

I need a better app than I was using before. It has to be able to make an executable image of my game CD's. If it will make a usable image of UT2004 or 2003 I want it. Those are the hardest to get past the copy lock.
}You can kill me but I'll only come back to haunt you{
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

I have two programs - GamesXCopy (made by the now defunct DVDXCopy peeps) and something called GameDrive 8 (I haven loaded this one yet).

GamesXCopy - makes images of ALL your games so you can mount them in virtual drives - my favourite right now and it works for DOOM3.
....missing Q3X LAN Parties...
[MgA]TiMeX
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]TiMeX »

[MgA]RockCrusher wrote:I have two programs - GamesXCopy (made by the now defunct DVDXCopy peeps) and something called GameDrive 8 (I haven loaded this one yet).

GamesXCopy - makes images of ALL your games so you can mount them in virtual drives - my favourite right now and it works for DOOM3.
If DVDXcopy is dead, how about passing a copy my way. I've got the GameDrive demo. I used to use Farstone long ago. It took them awhile to get up and running with the copyrighted stuff, that's why I went to CDSpace. The problem with CDSpace is they are a Korean company and their support sucks.
}You can kill me but I'll only come back to haunt you{
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

[MgA]TiMeX wrote:If DVDXcopy is dead, how about passing a copy my way.
Actually the product doesn't seem to be dead, just the company behind it (meaning 321 studios). No NEW products, no NEW MAJOR release of existing products. The licensing and bug fixing of the products still exists as that is required by LAW in a few countries that the products are being sold in (Canada for one). BestBuy is still selling the product here with NO disclaimers about the company being out of business, etc, so both BestBuy and 321 are LEGALLY bound to provide either refunds or support.

Stupid thing is that the product activation over the internet or via phone is still required to install the damm thing. Can't install on a backup system either.
[MgA]MajorOne
I think we are starting to like you.
I think we are starting to like you.

Post by [MgA]MajorOne »

[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

[MgA]MajorOne wrote:Daemon Tools

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php
Daemon is good too. We use that at work.