ATi HDTV Wonder

All Hardware & Software Related Post

Moderators: [MgA]ODEN, Admin

[MgA]ODEN
Site Admin

ATi HDTV Wonder

Post by [MgA]ODEN »

http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/S&V ... nder.shtml

While we are all sitting and watching the 3D Graphics card battles rage on, in the PC TV Tuner industry, competition is a little less prominent. While a lot of enthusiasts are caught up in the hype of whose video card is faster and which one has the better image quality, there are other developments going in adjacent markets, that sometimes catch us off guard. The latest of these developments is ATi's recent announcement of their new HDTV Wonder TV card that can deliver a High Definition Television experience to the PC. Recently some manufacturers have made the jump to HDTV technology, but ATi may be poised to lead the pack with the HDTV Wonder with features that are currently not found with other solutions on the market.

Oden's going to build himself a smokin Home Entertainment system :grin:
*PyRO*AgENT 86
*PyRO* Clan Captain

Post by *PyRO*AgENT 86 »

Man thats kool!
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

Canadian technology ROCKS eh? ;)
....missing Q3X LAN Parties...
[MgA]Shemp
Don't you have someplace to be?
Don't you have someplace to be?

Post by [MgA]Shemp »

Thats cool man. The ironic thing is I just finished one just last week. I looked around and found a nice desktop computer case. Then I put a DVD, Creative 5.1 Platinum, ATI 9800 Pro All in Wonder, and got some nice svideo and fiberoptic cables. The only thing left is the hardest part. Convincing my wife to let me go get the HDTV I want.. :shock: Of course if I manage that feet then I'll have to go get that card!! :D

Have fun Oden, I had a real BlAsT puting mine together.
[MgA]RockCrusher
[MgA]Clan Captain

Post by [MgA]RockCrusher »

I have two friends that have the HP Multimedia PC. The remote control capabilities are very SAWETEET with that system. Everyone knows that a man has GOT TO HAVE his remote! :lol:
That HP system rocks especially with WinXP Multimedia edition.

Now with the addition of this device to their systems...they can get HDTV. :D Very Cool!

*Gets coat on, hunts for car keys, and prepares to rush out and get HP Multimedia System...and ATI HDTV Tuner *
....missing Q3X LAN Parties...
[MgA]ODEN
Site Admin

Post by [MgA]ODEN »

The main reason for me wanting to build one is I cant record my high definition programs in high definition. I have to watch what I want on TV or watch it later from the VCR (looks like crap after you see HDTV) :???: